About Wildland Safaris
Wildland Safaris specializes in providing “privately guided” camping safaris in Botswana. We are a small, family run and locally owned company. Our safaris are individually tailored and you plan and book your safari with your eventual guide – James Haskins.
We believe in: Going mobile in our customized safari vehicles and boats to help you make the most of the natural, private and unfenced campsites in Botswana’s wildlife areas.
We are proud that most of our guests find us through word of mouth and many return to safari with us again and again!
Botswana’s Famous National Parks and Reserves
We’re based in Maun, a genuine “frontier” town that exudes atmosphere and has served as a base for tourism and exploration for decades.
From Maun (on the edge of the Okavango Delta), we can guide you through all the game viewing regions of Northern Botswana (and beyond if required) – see our destinations section and be inspired. Further, we aspire to leave the beaten track and avoid the crowds on all our itineraries.
Your Ideas, Our Expertise
Start researching your safari with our “your safari” drop down menu and “destinations” drop down menu here online. Feel free to email us with any questions.
We are represented on SafariBookings.com
We found this great article written by James Gifford (a highly experienced and accomplished wildlife photographer here in Maun), that perfectly explains all the benefits of the mobile safari concept……have a read please
- First things first – you need an experienced guide (James Haskins). We think this is the most important contribution to your safari!
- Our hearts are in “mobile” (camping) safaris, where the same camp and crew follows you for the whole safari. The regimented and restricted schedules of “fixed” lodges go against our safari ethos. However, we do offer private guiding and vehicles out of lodges should you require more comforts.
- We believe you should plan your safari with your guide. James is available for input throughout the booking process.
- We believe basic comforts should be met – comfortable and warm bed; plentiful, wholesome (and healthy) food.
- We maintain our vehicles and boats to a high standard – the last thing you want is a break-down on safari! (Problems can of course occur, but we sure have the infrastructure and expertise to get the safari running again without a hitch).
- We custom build all our safari craft to make the photographic experience as convenient as possible.
- Don’t rush around. Our philosophy is that itineraries are based around game viewing, and maximising it. We try and move camp only after every 3-4 nights.
- We believe in unrestricted game viewing – if the animals are active we can stay out on activity indefinitely – something exciting might happen! You can however, schedule your activities to suit your interests.
- Keep things simple yet comfortable. We don’t do all out luxury. It is more about the experience. (We can however outfit luxury camps on request and guide safaris out of various lodges).
- There should be an aspect of adventure to every safari. We change things up when possible and follow or predict seasonal movements of game! We might even move the camp?
- We employ our camp crew from our local village in Maun. We take pride in training them and helping them with their careers as cooks, drivers and camp hands, and moving on to work as safari guides.
- We are very proud of the fact that most of our clientele find out about us through word-of-mouth. Further, many guests are annual visitors, returning for their “safari hit” with us on a regular basis!