Vic Falls Zambia
Because of the proximity to Botswana, you may choose to start or finish your safari at Livingstone, Zambia – this is the town on the Zambian side of the Victoria Falls. There is an array of excellent accommodation options, from big, conveniently placed hotels, to affordable guest houses and bush lodges on the outskirts of Livingstone.
Combining Victoria Falls With your safari
For first time visitors to the region, it is popular to include a visit to see the Victoria Falls. It must be noted that this can also be done as a day trip if you are staying in the Chobe region of Botswana (Kasane) for at least 2 nights. We are able to arrange both accommodation in VF and road transfers to the Kasane airport in Botswana, from where you can fly to any bush airstrip in Botswana to begin your safari. It is also possible for our safari vehicle and guide to meet you at the Zambia border to start your safari.
Most people that have already seen the falls, just fly straight into Maun to start their safari.
What you should know about visiting the Falls:
- Livingstone International airport has daily connections to Johannesburg and Windhoek
- We can easily arrange a road transfer from your Livingstone accommodation to your mobile safari in Botswana
- It usually takes about 2 hours to drive from livingstone to Kasane (in the Chobe area of Botswana). From Kasane, we can also arrange a charter flight to any bush airstrip in Botswana, to start your mobile camping safari.
- This transfer also requires that you cross the Zambezi by boat (all taken care of by us)
- Most visitors require a visa to enter Zambia – this would be your responsibility
- You can buy your visa in cash as you enter the country
- you can visit the falls at the beginning or end of your safari
Other helpful information
- Livingstone is a good place to buy curios – they have excellent wood craftsmen
- Botswana however, is better to buy woven baskets
- All major currencies are accepted in Zambia
- 2 nights should be sufficient time to see the falls and do another activity on offer
- Download the list of available VF activities
There are an array of activities on offer in the falls, but we recommend the following:
- Flight of the angels (helicopter flip over the falls)
- White water rafting
- See the falls and the “rainforest” (of course)
- See the falls from the Zambian and the Zimbabwe side
- Walk over the railway bridge between Zimbabwe and Zambia – see the bungee jumpers
- Enjoy high tea at the Victoria Falls Hotel (you would have to cross into Zimbabwe for this)