Vic Falls Zimbabwe
Because of its proximity to Botswana, you may choose to start or finish your safari at Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. There is an array of excellent accommodation options, from big, conveniently placed hotels, to affordable guest houses on the outskirts of Victoria Falls town.
Combining Victoria Falls With your safari
For first time visitors to the region, it is popular to include a visit to see the Victoria Falls. It must be noted that this can also be done as a day trip if you are staying in the Chobe region of Botswana (Kasane) for at least 2 nights. We are able to arrange both accommodation in VF and road transfers to the Kasane airport in Botswana, from where you can fly to any bush airstrip in Botswana to begin your safari. It is also possible for our safari vehicle and guide to meet you at the Zimbabwe border to start your safari.
Most people that have already seen the falls, just fly straight into Maun to start their safari.
What you should know about visiting the Falls:
- VF International airport has daily connections to Johannesburg and Windhoek
- We can easily arrange a road transfer from your VF accommodation to th estart of your mobile safari in Botswana
- It usually takes about 2 hours to drive from VF to Kasane (in the Chobe area of Botswana). From Kasane, we can arrange a charter flight to any location in Botswana.
- Most visitors require a visa to enter Zimbabwe – this would be your responsibility
- You can buy your visa in cash as you enter the country
Other helpful information
- VF is the best place to buy curios – they have excellent wood craftsmen
- Botswana however, is better to buy woven baskets
- Zimbabwe now uses USD as their currency – but all major currencies are accepted
- 2 nights should be sufficient time to see the falls and do another activity on offer
- Download the list of available VF activities
There are an array of activities on offer in the falls, but we recommend the following:
- Flight of the angels (helicopter ride over the falls)
- White water rafting
- See the falls and the “rainforest” (of course)
- Walk over the railway bridge between Zimbabwe and Zambia – see the bungee jumpers
- Enjoy high tea at the Victoria Falls Hotel