Photography + Camera rental
At Wildland Safaris, we are photographers ourselves. We are well placed to advise you on the best safari options to maximize your opportunities to take pictures of wildlife.
We do cater for general photographers with good infrastructure for charging batteries, camera rests and window seats in vehicles. However, if you are a serious photographer, please ask us for advise on options that best suit your needs. Remember, we do provide specialist photographic guides, vehicles and boats.
We have a range of photographic equipment and binoculars that we rent out….scroll below to find out more and to see some of the images you could capture!
For now, do consider the following guide when planning:
- At most lodges, you will be put into safari vehicles with other guests that may not be serious photographers – this may hinder your time spent at sightings and they may shake the vehicle. This is what makes booking your own private mobile safari with us so attractive – and cheaper!
- Private vehicles for photographers are available at most lodges – costs vary but it is generally quite expensive to do this.
- Our guides are trained to position their safari vehicles in optimum positions for photography.
- Charter flights, have strict luggage restrictions. Make inquiries if you plan to carry a lot of gear
- Bring lots of spare batteries and memory cards (unlikely you will be able to buy more)
- Bring correct adapters for your charging devices. Lodges do usually keep good international adapters but cannot be relied upon
At Wildland Safaris, we have some excellent concepts and ideas for photographic clients and groups -please do let us know if you are a serious wildlife photographer.
Enhance your photographic safari experience, by renting from our range of professional cameras, lenses and binoculars:
Camera equipment for hire:
Canon 7D Canon
5D mark 3
Canon 300mm 2.8 lens
Canon 70-200mm 2.8 lens
Binoculars for hire:
Swarovski EL 10 x 42